Position Title: Community Navigator
6 month Contract – 20 hours per week
Wage: $18-$22 per hour depending on experience
Start Date: Immediately
The successful Candidate will work under the direction of the Columbia Valley Metis Board.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support for citizens in all aspects, including assistance in completing Citizenship applications, program applications and renewals, provide information and direction for programs, services and resources available in the community.
- Compile and maintain an up-to-date contact list of membership.
- Conduct surveys on cultural programing, employment and skills training, mental health support requirements, develop directory of Metis businesses with the CVMA area.
- Communicate with membership, develop bi-monthly newsletter, post CVMA activities on social media.
- Schedule Board meetings, prepare agenda and minutes as required.
- Facilitate events and programs.
- Prepare applications for future funding, complete necessary reports, cheque issuance, entry and monitoring of budgets and expenditures.
- Facilitate communication with Metis citizens, board members and MNBC staff in a constructive, effective manner.
- Process all correspondence, letters, documents and proposals, records, distribute all incoming mail, maintain on-line filing system.
- Knowledge of office administration
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to utilize strong interpersonal skills to deal with others effectively
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision
- High aptitude with Microsoft Word, Excel, video conferencing, MailChimp and other digital applications
- High standard of ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge and/or awareness of the historical and contemporary contributions made by Métis people in B.C.
Other duties may be assigned as needed to help ensure the efficient operation of CVMA.
- Criminal Record Check required
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
For more information or to apply, please submit your resume including references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest and we appreciate your application. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants with a valid Métis card will have preference; however, it is not a requirement for this position.